Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Update

Janice and I waiting for the train in Vajta, Hungary

Praise God!  Thank you to all who prayed and helped financially for me to get a vehicle. I still don't have one, but I will soon. I almost bought a van yesterday, but the seller raised the price, so I am trying not to be discouraged. I'm now seeking other opportunities to find a good, solid, inexpensive vehicle that can hold up in Ukrainian villages. I know the Lord has one for me.

The Women's studies in Pavshyna, Lychki, and Strabychovo have been a great encouragement
to the women who attend. We have studied Philemon, Psalm 37, Mary and Martha and the Parable of the 10 Virgins. We are creating a circuit of studies and hope to include more villages as time goes on. However, now that it is summer, Notika is leading Gypsy Children's Camps, so we won't be able to return to a regular schedule with the women until fall. I will have opportunities to go out to the villages during the children's camps to visit. While Notika brings teams to live at the villages during the 5 day camps, I have been more of a behind the scenes person, driving and bringing food and supplies. But when I'm in the camp, I will be able to help with children's ministry.

Back in March, I was also able teach at a Bible study in Kylkla that is part of the Calvary Chapel in Beregova, but because of the location, I have been unable to return. It is in the hills through treacherous roads, but once there, it is beautiful. It's such a sweet gathering of believers who meet weekly and I would love to be able to be a part of it. I was asked several months ago to come teach there regularly, so please pray that door remains open while I work out schedule and transportation issues. So far it hasn't come together.


Crafts with Gyspy children in Pavshyna


Women's Bible Study in Pavshyna


Children's Ministry in Zapszon


The Lord has also opened doors to help with a couple of medical issues in the Gypsy Camps. First, there was a little baby with a horrible scabies condition and then, a Pastor's wife who was incorrectly diagnosed with a heart condition. Praise the Lord, they are healed! I praise God and ask for continued wisdom and provision as these issues arise. It is such a blessing to be able to help in the name of Jesus!

Two weeks ago, I was able to go to the Foundations Conference in Vajta, Hungary. Once again, it was a time of incredible refreshment through Bible studies and fellowship. After the conference, I was able to spend a few days at Lake Balaton with my friends Jim and Marietta Mills. They blessed me so much, and even though the weather was cold and rainy, it was such a great time to spend with my dear friends. I also passed though Budapest on my way in and out of Hungary, and was able to stay with my old friends from Bible school, Norbi and Rachel Lakatos. We hadn't seen each other for many years, but it didn't seem like it. Good friends pick up where they left off. They led Notika and I on a whirlwind tour of Budapest, complete with Hungarian pastries and Mexican food! 

Budapest: Norbi, Rachel, Notika and I with the photographer's dog :) 

Now that I'm back in Mykachevo, I'm praying and sorting out my next steps. There are some new ministry opportunities that have been given to me that I am praying about. It is basically more opportunities in more camps in the region and also over the border into Hungary. I would really appreciate prayer for wisdom and guidance as to what and where I should be involved. I praise God for these opportunities and I look forward to what God is going to do. 

Please pray for the 300 plus dresses and shorts donated by the Sewing Klatch at CC Costa Mesa. We will begin distributing the clothing to 3 different Gyspy villages next week. The children are going to be so blessed. The clothes are amazing!

Gypsy Village Children's Ministry in Strabychovo
Little cuties in Strabychovo


Notika and I will also be hosting a team from New Horizons in Lviv, Ukraine and Morningstar Christian Chapel in CA, on July 25th. They will be leading a Vacation Bible School at one of our regular  Gypsy villages. Please pray for travel mercies, traveling to and from the gypsy village and for the children to really see and desire the love of Jesus in their hearts. 

I also want to take this opportunity to introduce you to my new roommates, Nacho and Lacy. ( I'm not sure if Lacy will be permanent) They are the two in the back. The two others moved out today to the Brown Family where they will have 10 children to play with.



God bless you all so much for your prayers and support. You have been serving with me for many years now, and I am very, very, very blessed. Thank you, and may God richly bless you!

Summary of prayer requests:



1.Please pray for the right car or van to purchase. Praise God for the provided finances. Now I need to find a good, solid, inexpensive vehicle that can hold up in Ukrainian villages. I know the Lord has one for me!

2. Please pray for the women's studies in the gypsy villages. We are taking a break for the summer because of the Children's summer Camps, but I am hoping we will be able to meet at least a couple times this summer.

3. Please pray for the Bible study in Kylkla. I have been given the opportunity to teach there regularly, but it is a very difficult place to get to because it is outside another city and up treacherous village roads. Please pray for God's will. 

4. Please pray about the new ministry opportunities I have been given in more gypsy villages and in Hungary. I am so blessed to have been asked. Now I'm praying for God's direction in all of this.

5. Please pray for the Vacation Bible School in the Gyspy Village with New Horizons Lviv and Morningstar Christian Chapel on July 25th. Please pray for travel mercies, traveling to and from the gypsy village and for the children to really see and desire the love of Jesus in their hearts. 

6. Please pray for the clothing distribution of the wonderful children's clothing from CC Costa Mesa Sewing Klatch. Please pray for wisdom and peace during the distribution, and that every child will receive a new clothing item at each of the camps we go to. Pray that Jesus will be glorified!

7. Praise God that every good and perfect gift is from above and that He is the same yesterday, today and forever!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was good to read your update, Marilyn. I pray the Lord continues guiding you and using you among these people groups, and that He will provide a car soonest.
    It was nice to see you at Foundations :)
    Blessings, Isabella

    ReplyDelete